Rapture: "This transmission is coming to you"

So, I'm sitting here with a terrible sinusitis thing and my head is pounding. I'm literally wondering if the pressure in my head can be tested, because it certainly seems outsized compared to the size of my head. I feel like I can pressurize a nuclear powered sub all the way to the bottom of the Mariana Trench. And normally I like to think of the big things awaiting me when I 'get there', like worshiping Jesus in person, thanking my ministering angels, seeing fellow believers worship in unity and spirit and truth. But today I'm thinking of the smaller things. Like, I won't ever have sinusitis again. I won't have to clean my place in New Jerusalem. (I'm speculating on this one). The strawberries won't go moldy after just two days. I won't have to worry about what to wear. I will never have to deal with kitty litter again. Because when my head is pounding, those are the biggest thoughts I can muster.

But I'm so grateful that HE has big thoughts. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD." (Isaiah 55:8). And frankly isn't that a huge relief? He is sovereign, controlling all. Large and in charge. For example, I was listening to a sermon on Job 1. The preacher was talking about how God was in charge of that whole situation, limiting satan and allowing only this and that. God says to satan "Have you considered my servant Job?" and it occurred to me, satan didn't say "Job who?" Satan knows the Godly. Satan's response indicated he knew Job, knew of God's hedge around him, knew even how many flocks Job had and where they grazed. Satan knew Job, likely had been trying to get at him for a long time. Do you think satan knows you? I hope so. And I mean that in a good way.

Alternately, when the demons met the Jewish exorcists of Sceva, look at what happened. "But also some of the Jewish exorcists, who went from place to place, attempted to name over those who had the evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, “I adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preaches.” Seven sons of one Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. And the evil spirit answered and said to them, “I recognize Jesus, and I know about Paul, but who are you?” (Acts 19:13-15.) Ouch.

If you are going through a trial, know that it might well be because satan knows you, and that is a good thing. It means you are being effective for the Kingdom. Know that God is in charge of it all, even if satan is hounding you. And we know that "in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28). And if His thoughts are above our thoughts, His purposes are above our purposes, and His purposes are good.



I can't wait to get to New Jerusalem. I heard one sermon recently from Steve Hadley, and Steve preached about the New Jerusalem. He said that it is unfortunate that many translations put the word "mansions" in for "place." He said, "we don't get a mansion. It's not like we show up at the gates and Peter is there with a map to a subdivision, saying, 'Go down Glory Street and take your first left, your house is 1212 Faith Lane." He said we will dwell WITH Lord and that means with. We'll all be together in one place, with God.

There was this Australian engineer that added up the dimensions of New Jerusalem as given in Revelation. He found that the city is two million, two hundred and fifty thousand, square miles. Or 93 million acres. By contrast, London is 140 sq miles. So a city that big at the same density of population as London could hold a one hundred billion people. The ground level of the city will be nearly two million square miles, which is forty times bigger than England. And we will all love the Lord, forever, together.

Wow! I can't wait to see it. I don't think we will have to wait long...Maranatha!

Comments

  1. Yes, I know I wrote the same thing yesterday about Satan, Job, and the exorcists of Sceva. Some things bear repeating, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this article:

    http://gracethrufaith.com/ikvot-hamashiach/left-behind-for-bad-behavior/


    And it's left me uneasy. I'm curious as to your thoughts.

    I'd like to know how this applies to people who claim to be Christian, and by all appearances they are, who are at odds with other believers. By the tone of this article, that means even those who commit great injustice, and don't admit it, thus also don't make amends, and don't make peace with those they did it to, by believing in Jesus, as their Savior, and living like a Christian in other ways, that they'll still get to be Raptured. That doesn't compute with me.

    I'm sure there are other people who know of other people who are regular church goers, people who are even members of the church team, pastors even, (as in my case) who worship at each service, they tithe, they help the poor, they do all sorts of good to others, they talk the talk and seem to walk the walk, except for certain people they are against. How can those people be counted worthy to be Raptured? I thought doing the will of The Father meant to love, everyone, and that if you're not loving everyone, which would be evidenced by how you treat everyone, (meaning, you treat some people harshly, unjustly) than how can you be allowed to get away with it and be Raptured. Highly unfair and unjust that is to me.

    JD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi JD,

    I'm sorry it seems unjust and unfair to you that bad-acting Christians are still raptured. However, to one degree or another, we all act bad. All deeds, and thoughts, will be revealed at a ceremony called colloquially, The Bema Seat. It is a doctrine of awards.

    Everything we said and everything we did after salvation will be placed to go thru the fire. All works done for the flesh and in the flesh which dishonor God will be burned up. All works done in His name for His glory at His promoting in obedience and submission will be made into gold and silver.

    If a person has fallen short of God's expectations, the Bema Seat ceremony will sort it out. It is a place where rewards will be given or lost depending on how one has used his or her life for the Lord. The LORD is fair and will take care if the things that need taking care of. more here--

    http://bible.org/article/doctrine-rewards-judgment-seat-bema-christ

    "If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames." (1 Cor 3:15) In other words, he'll be in heaven, but not have any treasure and everyone will know it.

    Your issues with the other Christians who you deem unworthy to go up in the rapture and that it seems unfair they should get to, is at root one not with the other Christians but with God. Do you think He is unfair?

    If you had a deep understanding of how horrific the Tribulation will be you would not worry about someone's behavior counting them as unworthy to go but would be grateful that even though they squeak by with the skin of their teeth as the verse above indicated, you will share joy for him and with him that he is there at all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment