Tons of dead fish appear on, then disappear from Norwegian beach

On January 2 I wrote about millions of dead herring that had overnight washed up on a shore in Norway. I'd mused that 2011 opened with bird deaths and then fish deaths, and 2012 seemed like it was a mirror of that weirdness exactly one year prior. Now, more weirdness: from the same spot in Norway-

"Tons of dead fish appear on, then disappear from Norwegian beach"
Tons of dead herring that washed up on a Norwegian beach on New Year's Eve are now gone, and no one is sure how they got there or where they went. Local resident Jan-Petter Jorgensen told Norway's TV2 he went to look at the thousands and thousands of fish after seeing a Facebook posting about them, according to a report on The Foreigner. Joregensen said it was fortunate the icy cold prevented the mass of dead fish from raising a stink. “It is 15 degrees below zero today, so the cold means they don’t smell. Nevertheless, the smell will be pretty intense in the long run,” he said, according to The Foreigner report. Turns out that wasn't a problem. Views and News from Norway reports that as of Tuesday, most of the dead fish were gone, perhaps pushed out to sea by tides and winds. The local mayor said they'll likely sink in the ocean, according to the report. Why they came to be on the shore remains a mystery."

From the Norwegian news outlet Views and News from Norway:
"UPDATED: Thousands of dead herring, known as sild in Norwegian, covered a beach in northern Norway over the New Year’s weekend and no one is sure how or why they landed there to die. One senior marine researcher said he’s never seen anything like it, and then the dead fish disappeared as mysteriously as they came."

Comments

  1. Elizabeth, I noticed that a while back you talked a bit about how many Muslims are saying that Jesus appeared to them in a dream and they came to a saving faith in Jesus. I know you looked at some videos, and said that you think that these conversions are possibly satanic. So when I heard that this is going to be the topic on the Christian talk radio I wanted to let you know. Millions of Christians are going to listen to this show today. So I was wondering if you can you please listen too (if you are able to).

    It is the Frank Pastore radio program today at 5pm PST on KKLA? His whole program today is about Muslims having dreams and becoming sold out Christians. I really wanted you to hear it so I could to get your opinion of the incidents they will be discussing. I know you are a researcher and I though you would like to listen to it. You can listen live at the address below:

    http://www.kkla.com/LocalHosts/detail.aspx?localHostId=4

    I really want to know what you think about the information they discuss. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI ANonymous,

    I JUST got back now after having been gone all day....I'm sorry to have missed the radio show. I will diligently search for it tomorrow, to see if it is put up as a podcast or download, and I'll also rethink and revisit the dreams-conversion thing to see if I was in error or can make a stronger case for them being not of God, either way

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of the Muslim dream thing, I have wondered a lot about it. I have heard of testimonies where the dreams happened after the Muslim had been reading the Bible or someone had been witnessing to them. I am wondering if maybe they are seriously thinking about it and then have a dream about it. It being just that, a dream that seems real to them. Of course, that would only apply to some of the dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken and Anonymous,

    I've read this article and I found it balanced and respectful to both the doctrine of hearing the Gospel of Jesus as the only way and respectful the work of the Holy Spirit if He is indeed behind the conviction of the Muslims who dream- yet the article is cautious of dreams in general.

    http://www.charismamag.com/index.php/features/2011/september/31889--when-musiims-see-jesus

    The KKLA radio show mentioned it would interview Tom Doyle, a missionary/minister in the Middle East. I looked up his organization's statement of faith and it is solid. The one thing I can't find is a resume or statement of faith for Tom Doyle himself. His blurbs say he pastored in the US for 20 years, but not mentioned are the churches or denominations. The radio show blurb said it was going to discuss his new book "Dreams and Visions: Is Jesus Awakening the Muslim World" which says it will discuss the following questions:
    --Why would God use dreams to reach the Muslim world?
    --Can dreams and visions be trusted?
    --What happens after these people experience a dream or vision?

    I liked the article I linked above. But I am still very skeptical of the dreams, knowing that Hebrews 1:2 says that "in these last days He has spoken to us in HIS son." The question is is He speaking through, His son the Word? or His son the dream invader? I leave the answer up to each person to explore.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment