Picture of the rapture

Just a thought...

"And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many. (Matthew 27:51-53)


The photo above was from an old historic, overgrown Georgia cemetery I'd ambled one fine day in the early spring. I saw the burst-open tomb. It reminded me of the verse above, and also of the blessed day when we will be changed, and the dead shall be raised-

"Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:

“Death is swallowed up in victory.”
“O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?”
1 Corinthians 15:51-55

That wonderful day is one day closer today than it was yesterday! Soon, my friends, soon!

Comments

  1. So.....ready to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that me and my family may be worthy to escape the things that shall come upon the earth and stand before the Son of Man.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment