Spectacular earth as seen in low flying drone photos

The headline hooked me

20 of the Most Spectacular Drone Photographs of 2017


The photos stunned me.

I have always loved the view from above. When I was small, maybe between 6 or 8 years old, we started vacationing on Cape Cod during summers. At some point we ended up in Provincetown. This is a town at the very tip of that arms that curls out into Massachusetts Bay. It's the end of the Cape. At the elbow is a lighthouse called Wood End.

In one of these vacations, my father paid for a scenic plane ride. Barnstormers with biplanes were popular then and one of them appealed my dad and he and I and my brother went up. I'll never forget the utter beauty of the scene. The winds were calm and so the Bay was calm too. Vivid blue bay with a curling arm of green dune grass fringed by tan sand until the tip, where the sand trailed off into the ocean like a dream fragment. The short lighthouse was at the elbow, dune grass waving all around it but the lighthouse motionless as a sentinel. One lone man sat nestled against the lighthouse, his back to it and knees drawn up, staring out to sea. It was a serene moment, and the memory of it from above stays with me.

I love photos from above.

So, intrigued, I clicked on My Modern Met's link of the spectacular drone pics of 2017. With drones becoming a personal item even the layman can use, photos from above are becoming more popular. I looked at the pictures, admiring the loveliness of God's earth. I love maps, topography, satellite photos, all of it. Drone pics are right up my alley.

The photos display the wonder and variety of earth. If you think about Genesis 1, God made it all inside of a week. It's astounding to think of His creation from the perspective of a saved person. I can attribute all of it to Him, which is a relief and a joy.

I wonder what God thinks of us as he looks down. We truly are children from His daunting perspective. Even from the perspective of a few hundred feet up, we look like children on a playground.

I hope you enjoy these photos, and there are more at the link. Praise our God for His creaive wonders of earth, plants, seas, flowers, animals, and people. Enjoy His might in upholding it all with a word. Just enjoy the prettiness.

By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
their starry host by the breath of his mouth.
Psalm 33:6

More at the link







Comments