He is The Word

My favorite verses are from John 1:1-5 KJV

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
The same was in the beginning with God.
All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 1:5 in the KJV moves me to tears any time I spend more than a few seconds pondering it. I don't know why, all I can say is it must be the Spirit responding and pointing me to our glorious Savior.

"...and the darkness comprehended it not..." especially. I know that other translations say "overcome it not" which is also powerful, but the one that moves me is the KJV in this verse.

Matthew Henry on John 1:1-5,
'Without him was not any thing made that was made'
"All things were made by him, and not as an instrument. Without him was not any thing made that was made, from the highest angel to the meanest worm. This shows how well qualified he was for the work of our redemption and salvation. The light of reason, as well as the life of sense, is derived from him, & depends upon him."
What a great Savior! Upon whom would we depend? Who else is there? Peter said "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life".

The words of eternal life, refreshing, life-giving, Christ is all and He is the Word and the Word is all.  Jesus Christ and His Gospel is the Good News.















Comments