Tears and lilies

Our sovereign Lord is so great. He promised not only once but twice that He will wipe our tears from us on The Day, when we arrive in heaven and time is no more. He is a God who, though is holy and sovereign King of all the Universe, has created children and is so intimately involved with each one of us has promised not once but twice that he will hold us and wipe our tears. I find this notion staggering.

Isaiah 25:8
"He will swallow up death forever.
The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears
from all faces;
He will remove the disgrace of his people
from all the earth.
The LORD has spoken."

Revelation 21:4
"He will wipe every tear from their eyes,
and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain.
All these things are gone forever."

He is so great that He not only promised to take care of us when we get there, but also while we are here. He knows our needs, and has promised thus-(Luke 22-34)

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?"

"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well."

"Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Oh my! How beautiful is that? [grin] Our Lord God knows your needs. He knows my needs. I work as a substitute teacher so that's an 'on-call' kind of job. I can't plan nor budget to the specificity I'd like. And there are a lot of days when the kids aren't in school due to vacations or teacher work days or furlough days, which means I won't work at all. However, the Lord has given me a gift of connecting with kids. So I am positive that my work at school is a call of the Spirit and is within His will. I admit, sometimes I worry about the looming bills and whether I'll have enough to pay everything. But He always comes through. I do my part keeping my focus in Him, and I look for opportunities every day to share His grace through witnessing, attitude, and a good work ethic. And He provides.

Though times are tough, He took time to tell us that He will take care of us. He is so intimately involved with us He knows our needs. He will wipe our tears on That Day, and until then, He will provide. All we need to do is trust! Now, that's a great God.

Comments