Saturday Interlude

It's raining and dark on this weekend morning. And cold, too, for a Georgia spring. The gas heat is crackling in the stove. I like it. I have a cup of good, hot coffee steaming on my favorite coaster. Home fries are sizzling on the pan. I am writing my weekly prophecy newsletter for emailing later. And of course the bible is next to me and open. Gaither Vocal Band channel is playing on Pandora Internet Radio, and I am very, very happy. I have a lot to be grateful for. That I can call it the weekend means I have a job on the weekdays. I have food, and not just any food, but food I savor. I am safe from the weather, warm and dry. I am listening to hymns, something many people in the world are denied the blessing of. I am doing the work that the Lord gave me to do: writing prophecy to warn and remind. It is work I enjoy, no less, and He has mightily enabled me, another praise. Under His wings I am sheltered, happy, working. I feel peace. I know Him who IS peace.

Have you counted your blessings today? Sometimes even the smallest things are the biggest blessings. I hope you have peace today as well.

Until later,
Elizabeth

Comments

  1. Hi Elizabeth,
    What a wonderful way to spend a Saturday morning. I love the rain and listening to it hit our roof, so pretty.
    Enjoy your day and may the Lord bless you greatly.

    <><

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment