If we're getting so excited at the nearing of the Groom...

Imagine how excited JESUS is! I like to think that He is excited as any groom who awaits his bride would be. As the moment draws closer the more excited any groom becomes. He is eager, thinking of all the love he has for his soon to be bride, and chomps at the bit.

Jesus is the ultimate bridegroom, so His love and excitement is superlative and perfect, excellently outpacing our excitement at His soon return!

I know we sense the nearness of the time. We know the rapture can happen imminently, it has always been imminent. But the time is so close, and we're excited to see our Groom.

Our Groom is even more excited to claim His Bride, I am sure!

Don't you think so too?!

"And Jesus said to them, “Can the wedding guests mourn as long as the bridegroom is with them? The days will come when the bridegroom is taken away from them, and then they will fast." (Matthew 9:15).

The long dry spell of life without Him bodily on earth is almost over.

John the Baptist said,

"The bride belongs to the bridegroom. The friend who attends the bridegroom waits and listens for him, and is full of joy when he hears the bridegroom's voice. That joy is mine, and it is now complete." (John 3:29).

O, we long to hear His voice, but He longs for His Bride, and waits for the Father to tell the Son:

"GO GET YOUR BRIDE."

"For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words." (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18).

Be encouraged! We are one day closer to that moment than we were yesterday!

Comments

  1. Your last line struck a chord with me. Its what I tell myself everyday but its the promise I stand on when its been an especially trying day; 'we are one day closer!' If I got through today then I can get through tomorrow, we're one day closer!!

    Great post Elizabeth! I smile & tear up with joy when I think about Jesus getting excited about us. Reminds me of that song that says, "who am I that the Lord of all the earth would care to know my name, would care to feel my hurt..." Praise God that we serve a God who cares! He rejoices with us, cries with us, laughs with us & SINGS over US! (zephaniah 3:17) That blows my little earthly mind! I can't wait for that trumpet call & to finally audibly to hear his voice & know immediately who it is who calls me. Its going to be amazing!! Recently a teacher I was watching speculated on whether or not God will call us by name. He used Jesus calling Lazarus out of the tomb as the example saying, "I don't know how He would do it but he's God so its possible & its complete speculation but, isn't it fun to wonder about!?" Wouldn't that be awesome to be called by name!?? Anyhoo, just speculation but, a fun one =) Thanks again Elizabeth!
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Amber...
    Check out the song by the Martins "He Knows My Name"!

    How exciting it is knowing how close that day is, Elizabeth. Thank you for reminding us.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment