From unclean to pure lips

Do you ever feel like such a terrible sinner that the very words of repentance and sorrow pouring from your lips in prayer to heaven is a blot on the name of Jesus?

But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me, a sinner!’ (Luke 18:13)

I can relate to Isaiah (the lips part, not actually seeing the LORD!)

And I said: “Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts!" (Isaiah 6:5).

But then in His Day He will purify our lips and when we praise Him we will be clean! Imagine praising Him from pure lips!

"Then I will purify the lips of the peoples, that all of them may call on the name of the LORD and serve him shoulder to shoulder". (Zephaniah 3:9 NIV)

Comments

  1. I feel like that a lot. I am so aware of the depth of my sinfulness. It has become such a deep reality for me. I understand His grace and mercy so much more now in light of the darkness of my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment